What is CHSP
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is one of the changes being made by the Australian Government to the aged care system to help older people stay independent and in their homes and communities for longer. The CHSP is one consolidated programme providing entry-level home support for older people who need assistance to keep living independently.
You may be eligible for services under the CHSP if you are:
- 65 years or older, or 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person, or 50 years or older and on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Still living at home
- In need of help at home to continue to live independently.
You may be eligible to receive help at home services such as:
- Personal care like help getting dressed
- Modifications to your home like hand rails or ramps
- Nursing, physiotherapy and other care
- Household jobs like cleaning or gardening
- Equipment like walking frames
- Social activities
To find out if you’re eligible for these services please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422
or visit https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/getting-started