A HOME AND COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM FOR OUR Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People AGED 50 YEARS AND OVER.
- One to one support to attend social activities
- Sharing an interest with a small group of people
- Telephone based monitoring services
- Friendly visiting
- Letter writing for the client
- Shopping, bill paying and banking where the client is accompanied
- Individual transport to appointments
- Minor garden and home maintenance e.g. changing light globes
- Cooperating with the Commonwealth Carer Respite Centres in the provision of information and advice regarding respite services
- Social support outings
- Liaison with carers as required
To provide a comprehensive, coordinated and integrated range of basic maintenance for frail aged people, with disabilities who in the absence of above support services are at risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long term residential care.
To support our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People to be more independent at home and in the community, thereby enhancing their quality of life.
To provide flexible, timely services that respond to the needs of clients.